Transform your relationship with food. 6 weeks to a new you.
Change your life forever, dieting doesn’t work, therefore, make changes that will make you happy, diet no more and gain the peace of mind you have always yearned for, and learn the tools needed to keep it that way. I promise that I will not weigh you & clap along with everyone else if you have lost weight & I will guide you appropriately if you are fearful of gaining weight. I will not suggest a food replacement liquid diet or detoxing on the latest fad to hit the paper. Yet if you invest some time with me, you can permanently change your mindset and your relationship with food.
When & where
2 days at Christ Church High Street, Tunbridge Wells Dates to be confirmed Investment: £150
Call NCFED on 0845 838 2040. If you have any questions you can also call 01892-546773 / 07746679301. We will register you & send details by email.
About the course
Join my courses and learn how you can live your life differently, gain health and wellbeing that will last. Over the 6 week course:
- I will enlighten you about the nature of your problem, the effects of dieting, the ways in which the body controls appetite/weight and other matters relating to nutrition.
- I will teach you psychotherapeutically why you behave as you do with food and other mind-altering substances.
- I will show you how to recognize the emotions concealed beneath food cravings, and how to deal with them as they arise.
- I will support you to change your mindset and in turn, change your life and your health.
- I will help you to reduce stress/anxiety effectively and to enhance your sense of control over food and over life in general and undo the part of the problem which has become a habit.
- As part of the course, I will work seamlessly on your self-esteem, body image and assertiveness issues.
- I will guide you back into viewing food in its proper context and as an enjoyable way of keeping you alive and well.
- Finally, I will help you come to see food as a friend, something to enjoy and savor as nourishment for both your body and soul.
Find out more:
Your course leader
Bernie is one of our most experienced qualified eating disorder therapists. She says ‘this is why I have developed this course’. I work as a BACP (Accred.) Counsellor & Qualified Clinical Supervisor. I qualified in 2005 & quickly recognised a common denominator between the majority of my clients – low self-esteem, poor body image & problems with assertiveness. They tended to use anger as a way of communicating or were easily intimidated and/or bent against their will. So many of my clients were presenting in this way, with self-loathing & a limited ability to be kind to themselves. Furthermore, I worked with a lot of clients who were clinically obese or painfully skinny & I learned very quickly that even the ones presenting with normal body weight were often abusing themselves by self-harming, substance abuse, poor diet – often coupled with difficult & challenging relationships with themselves & others. So many were clearly using food to self-medicate, either by overeating or under-eating. So, I trained as a Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders & Obesity, with The National Centre for Eating Disorders & ensure my skills remain cutting edge.