This inspiring up-to-date course brings the latest thinking from health psychology and other approaches to help you with weight loss clients in any professional setting.
This course brings together people from all over the world with a clinical and personal interest in weight management. We teach this largely from the front and we provide a wealth of background reading to support your learning.
Trainer: Deanne Jade with Professor Julia Buckroyd
Venue: London Hammersmith
Summer 2019: 6-8 June
Summer 2020 4-6 June
You will receive a substantial discount if you book this course as part of the Master Practitioner Programme.
Approved by the BPS Learning Centre for CPD
and CPD points are awarded subject to peer review by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on application. It is also part of the Master Practitioner Programme.
The course is suitable for counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, doctors, psychiatrists, nutritionists, nurses, social workers & other health professionals
You will learn
- Current thinking about all weight loss approaches including drugs & surgery
- How to assess, engage & motivate
- How to customise treatment, getting the right fit
- How to manage barriers to change in diet & lifestyle
- How to deal with comfort & emotional eating
- Targeting relationships
- How to transform obesity thinking
- How to deal with difficult clients
- Dealing with pitfalls, like plateau & relapse
- Important counsellor qualities
- Where psychology, medication, meal replacement plans or surgery may fit into an overall treatment plan
- How to boost willpower
The NCFED Certificate in Obesity Skills is awarded if you complete an assignment after the course. This is optional and all delegates receive the certificate of attendance.
This training is a stand-alone course, and is also a module of the NCFED Master Practitioner programme. The other modules include Excellence in Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders & Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders.
The Advanced Diploma is granted upon successful completion of assignments on the 8 day Eating Disorder training course, plus one other of the above.
The Master Practitioner award is awarded to those completing assignments on all 3 trainings.