If you are interested in our eating disorder clinic treatment with round-the-clock dedicated care, or, counselling services for fast results; here are some services which we know and recommend as the very best of their type.
LIFE WORKS Old Woking, Surrey, UK
Life Works is one of the leading eating disorder treatment specialists in the UK, offering a residential facility with bespoke eating disorder treatment, tailored to each client. Our eating disorder clinic is staffed by an expert team, consisting of doctors, therapists, nutritionists, dietitians and nurses, each of whom is committed to working with each client to provide the best path to recovery.
Treatment for eating disorders at Life Works includes:
- Group therapy with a trained therapist
- Individual one-to-one therapy with your own personal therapist
- Meal planning with an expert nutritionist
- A range of art and occupational therapies
- Family therapy
- Long and short-term aftercare planning
At Life Works, we are dedicated to your recovery and we are dedicated to ensuring that each client has the help and support they need to regain a healthy relationship with food
Visit Life Works website: https://www.lifeworkscommunity.com
Phone: 01483 745 066 or from overseas (+44) 1483 745 066
ARTHUR HOUSE (Wimbledon, London, UK)
Arthur House is a new and innovative eating disorder service which provides an alternative to traditional hospital based treatment for treating these complex conditions. Arthur House is a nine-bedded treatment centre, available to both male and female adults who are struggling with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder (BED) or other specified feeding or eating disorders (OSFED).
This service is based in Wimbledon, South West London and its main goal is to deliver cutting-edge therapies and provide a safe space for individuals to maintain a healthy relationship with food.
What Arthur House Offers
Prior to commencing treatment, Arthur House offers a free, no obligation eating disorder assessment. This will take place with a member of our expert team and consists of a dietetic and therapeutic evaluation.
Included in treatment at Arthur House is:
- Tried and tested therapeutic approaches, including dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) themed groups, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) themed groups and practical exposure work
- A range of therapy formats, including group work and 1:1 sessions
- Support to make links with the local community and enjoy the beautiful surroundings
- Ongoing support for family and loved ones as part of the treatment process
- Treatment and support delivered by a dedicated, multidisciplinary team
- Private bedrooms and welcoming living areas, providing the perfect setting for clients to relax and focus on their wellbeing
Why Arthur House is Unique
Arthur House provides a unique eating disorder treatment pathway and fulfils the latter stage of the treatment
The treatment pathway provided at Arthur House is something which cannot be found anywhere else in the UK. Whilst there are many providers of day care facilities available, a vital aspect of eating disorders are the destructive or compensatory behaviours which often take place outside of the day care setting. At Arthur House, our clients will be supported both day and crucially, at night.
Contact Arthur House
Visit Arthur House’s web page: https://www.priorygroup.com/locations/priory-arthur-house-wimbledon
Phone: 020 8971 9660
Montrose Manor South Africa
Consider a stay in a beautiful setting in South Africa for affordable yet expert in-patient treatment for an eating disorder. Montrose Manor offers a structured, holistic, caring, healing residential programme and has gained an international reputation for treatment excellence. Former client endorsements, satisfied treatment specialists and recovery outcomes are Montrose’s best advertisement.
Distance is no object for people who recover with Montrose. A team of eating disorder experts is available through NCFED for people who return to the UK, to provide people and their families with dedicated help and support.
Why Montrose is special
- Montrose focuses exclusively on eating disorders including patients with other problems in addition such as depression or addictions.
- Montrose boasts a homely, comfortable feel where the “recovery” mood is pervasive.
- In Cape Town, South Africa, treatment at Montrose Manor permits Clients to escape the stresses and strains of their normal day to day surroundings, accountable only to themselves, thereby enabling uninterrupted focus on treatment and recovery.
- Diligent focus on an appropriate After Care Programme, so that Clients completing treatment are assured of “Continuum of Care”.
- Montrose Manor is a highly affordable treatment solution.
Montrose treatment philosophy
We understand that eating disorders are debilitating for Clients and their families. At their most severe can impact on every aspect of an individual’s life from relationships with friends and family to the physical and emotional burden these conditions have on the Clients themselves.
At Montrose Manor, we work comprehensively with you to ensure the best programme of care is delivered and the optimum outcome is achieved. Our multi-disciplinary teams includes: Consultant Psychiatrist and Consultant Psychologist, a Psychologist, Psychiatric Nurses, Art Therapists, Consultant Drama therapist, a Consultant dietician, a Consultant Biokineticist, an Occupational Therapist, Counsellors, Consultants specialising in arts and crafts, movement therapy, and a catering team; all working together with Clients toward stabilisation and sustained recovery.
Residential Treatment at Montrose includes 24-hour Nursing Care delivered by a team of qualified, dedicated, caring professionals. Our approach optimises the prospect of Client recovery, even in cases where previous treatment has been unsuccessful. We are also able to manage Clients admitted at a low body weight. The ethos of the work at Montrose Manor is to form trusting relationships with Clients and their families and to encourage Clients to focus on understanding and dealing with their feelings as well as achieving physical and emotional recovery, weight normalisation and working towards a healthier relationship with food and self. Testament to the effectiveness of the Montrose Manor eating disorder treatment programme is the constant stream of European Clients willing to travel to another Hemisphere for treatment.
Visit our website – http://www.montrosemanor.co.za/
Recovery Direct South Africa, for Eating disorders & Addictions
Recovery Direct Treatment Centres in Capetown provide specialised, cost effective treatment for both eating disorders and addictions.
More About Recovery Direct
You can view a video of our treatment services here.
Our centre does not follow the 12-step model. However we direct our focus to delivering intensive, evidence-led one-on-one client sessions that deal with resolving their past traumas. The adaptive programme is managed by a team of registered psychologists, counsellors and recovery professionals that operate under the direction of the locally renowned psychotherapist Vaughan Pankhurst.
How to get in touch with Recovery Direct