8-Day Foundation Course With Award Of Diploma In Eating Disorders is also part Of The Master Practitioner Programme.
This remarkable, inspiring course is updated in line with the latest thinking from a range of psychologies and healing approaches.
Learn effective take-home skills to help people recover from their eating distress. The experiential content of this course could transform your own relationship with food. It could change your life.
Trainer: Deanne Jade
Venue: London Hammersmith
Autumn 2019: 3-6 and 17-20 October
Spring 2020: 5-8 and 19-22 March
Fee: 1475 Instalment plan available, call for details
Receive a substantial discount if you book this course as part of the Master Practitioner Programme
The course is suitable for counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, addiction specialists, doctors, psychiatrists, nutritionists, nurses and social workers at all levels of experience and qualification.
You will learn
- How to engage and motivate people with eating disorders
- How to assess each disorder in a way that is helpful
- How to build a treatment plan and get to the heart of the problem
- Prioritising treatment strategies for anorexia, bulimia and compulsive eating
- How to motivate and sustain change
- The effects of dietary chaos on mood and physiology
- Skills from traditional and new wave therapies, including CBT, CBT-E, CeBT, NLP, EFT, AAT and TA
- New skills for emotional eating and food restriction
- How to manage resistance
- How to transform your own relationship with food
This training course is BPS Learning Centre Approved as suitable for the CPD of Chartered Psychologists and qualifies for 35 CPD points on application to the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCP). It is deemed suitable by the British Association For Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) for the CPD of counsellors in training and qualified counsellors.
The NCFED Diploma In Practitioner Skills For Eating Disorders is awarded if you complete an assignment after the course for a further fee of £75. It asks for personal reflections and a case plan. The award is optional and all delegates receive a certificate of attendance. This training is a stand-alone course, and is also module 1 of the NCFED Master Practitioner Programme. The other modules include Essential Obesity & Nutritional Interventions For Eating Disorders. The Advanced Diploma is granted upon successful completion of assignments for this training course plus one other of the above.
Join our network
Practitioners awarded the Diploma may join the NCFED Practitioner Network thereby receiving client referrals from the NCFED