Longstanding & serious weight problems: Is this you?
emotions & behaviour
- You have tried very hard to lose weight – you name it, it’s been done, but you are bigger than ever.
- Eating rules your life; you are a comfort eater and it doesn’t stop.
- You have serious health problems because of your weight.
- You fear that you will not see your children and your grandchildren grow up.
- Nothing in life seems enjoyable; you are always conscious of your size.
- You are always trying to be acceptable to other people.
- You are tired of feeling different and alone.
Severe obesity can have serious emotional and physical effects. The main outcomes are
- Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and strokes; Sleeping problems; Depression and anxiety; Arthritis; Awful discomfort.
Weight loss surgery can transform your life. Good preparation and post operative support can make the difference between failure and success. We can help you to
- Decide whether this is right for you and if necessary, get a sympathetic hearing from your doctor.
- Choose the right surgical option – alongside other health professionals involved in your care.
- Prepare emotionally for the consequences of surgery.
- Manage feelings without needing to eat.
- Deal with depression and boost self worth.
- Manage body image changes
the next step
NCFED counsellors are dedicated to helping people transform their eating and weight issues; you can trust them to support you with compassion and wisdom. We will support and guide you in your decision to change.
The first step is to have a no obligation assessment (only £55) in person, by phone or by Skype with someone who cares. The first step starts here.
Yes I’m interested in a confidential assessment: