If you are interested in inpatient treatment with round-the-clock dedicated care, or, counselling services for fast results; here are some services which we know and recommend as the very best of their type.
We are specialists providing outpatient treatment for people with eating disorders and our clinicians have all worked for many years supporting people in their recovery. Working closely together, we offer a blend of therapy and dietetics that have proven highly successful and containing for our clients.
Working with men and women, 16 years and above, our clients come to us with a variety of issues relating to disordered eating or relationships with food.
After their initial assessment, each client will have a bespoke package of treatment offered to them. This could include
- One-to-one therapy
- Group work
- Family therapy
- EMDR for trauma
FAMILY EDUCATION & SUPPORT PROGRAMME
Eating disorders affect the entire family. We are frequently asked whether we can help family members understand their own feelings surrounding the eating disorder as well as offering some practical advice and resources. Questions family members consistently ask include
- What is an eating disorder and Why has my loved one got an eating disorder
- How do I help other family members around their eating disorder?
- What steps do I take around meal times?
- Why am I feeling so angry and frightened?
To this end, we have put together a Family Education Programme, available as a full or half day, offering a range of practical, dietetic help and advice alongside counselling and emotional support, individually tailored to support your own family needs. Both a dietician and counsellor will be present. The core subject areas of the Family Education & Support Programme are as follows:
- Family Assessment
- Dietetics and Nutritional Support
- Family Counselling & Education around Eating Disorders
- Meal Planning – theory, hints and tips and practical suggestions
- One-on-one counselling
- Treatment planning
At the Surrey Centre we are committed to working with our clients helping them put food back in its rightful place.Treatment is available at The Surrey Centre: Headley, Nr Epsom, Surrey and Harley Street, London. Speak to us in confidence or visit our website:
thesurreycentreforeatingdisorders.com T: 01372 377320, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Works Community
We are one of the leading Eating Disorder treatment specialists in the UK, offering a residential facility with bespoke eating disorder treatments tailored to each client. We provide clients with a highly trained staff of doctors, therapists, nutritionists, counsellors and nurses that work with each patient to provide the best path to recovery.
We treat the whole range of Eating Disorders including:
- Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating & Atypical Eating Disorder
From the initial assessment, we will provide each patient with excellent care and a luxurious environment to best treat an eating disorder.
Included in Life Works treatments are:
- Group therapy with a trained counsellor .
- Individual Therapy with your own personal counsellor.
- Meal planning with an expert nutritionist.
- A range of art and occupational therapies.
- Family therapy.
- Long and short term aftercare planning.
At Life Works, we are dedicated to your recovery. We work hard every day to make sure each person has the help and support they need to regain a healthy relationship with food.
lifeworkscommunity.com 01483 378183 or from overseas (+44) 1483 378183
Montrose Manor, Cape Town, South Africa
Montrose Manor offers an affordable, structured, holistic, caring, healing residential treatment programme and has gained a reputation for treatment excellence. Former client endorsements, satisfied treatment specialists and treatment outcomes are Montrose Manor’s best advertisement.
- We focus on Clients whose primary diagnosis is an Eating Disorder of any kind. If there are other mental health problems as well , we will deal with these too.
- In Montrose, the “recovery” mood is pervasive. Clients can escape the stresses and strains of their normal day to day surroundings, to focus solely on treatment and recovery in a homely, comfortable setting.
- We offer a sound After Care Programme, so that Clients completing treatment are assured of “Continuum of Care”.
- Montrose Manor is a highly affordable treatment solution.
We understand how debilitating eating disorders are for Clients and their families and how much they impact on every aspect of an individual’s life - from relationships with friends and family to the physical and emotional burdens faced by Clients themselves. At Montrose, we will work comprehensively with you to ensure the best programme of care is delivered and help is given to carers.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes: Consultant Psychiatrist and Consultant Psychologist, a Psychologist, Psychiatric Nurses, Art Therapists, Consultant Drama therapist, a Consultant dietician, a Consultant Biokineticist, an Occupational Therapist, Counsellors, Consultants specialising in arts and crafts, movement therapy, and a catering team. We have 24-hour Nursing Care delivered by a team of qualified, dedicated, caring professionals.
The entire Clinical Team working together offers a treatment programme and approach that optimises the prospect of Client recovery, even in cases where previous treatment has been unsuccessful. We are also able to manage Clients admitted at a low body weight. Our ethos is to form trusting relationships with Clients and their families and to encourage Clients to focus on understanding and dealing with their feelings as well as achieving physical and emotional recovery, weight normalisation and working towards a healthier relationship with food and self.
Testament to the effectiveness of our treatment programme is the constant stream of European Clients willing to travel to another Hemisphere for treatment.
Contact: Tel: 0027 21 7979270 Website: www.montrosemanor.co.za